The hit 1960s' TV show, Joe 90, is back and ready to take on modern TV screens with this special deluxe edition Blu-ray of volume 4. This edition is a limited run of 1000 units, so grab yours whilst you still can as it is available exclusively with The Official Gerry Anderson Store and via Network on Air. (Please note: This item only contains volume 4, volumes 1, 2, and 3 need to be purchased separately).
Joe 90 is the penultimate Supermarionation show from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson and Century 21 Productions following the success of the UK's beloved Thunderbirds show. Follow the adventures of Joe McClaine, a schoolchild turned superspy. When his scientist father invents the BIG RAT device, enabling knowledge and experience transfer to the brain, Joe gains the knowledge to become an astronaut, undertake brain surgery and even fly a jet. With these talents, Joe is hired by the WIN (World Intelligence Network) as their special agent.
In honour of the fiftieth anniversary since the broadcast of Joe 90’s first episode comes this special deluxe edition. Using original 35mm film elements and remastered into HD on Blu-ray, the show has never looked better! Plus, it’s the perfect nostalgic timing to re-acquaint yourself with Joe 90 and introduce it to a new generation of kids or grandchildren as a beloved children’s TV show.
The deluxe set includes:
The entire volume 4 of Joe 90, featuring the final six episodes in remastered HD quality:
• Test Flight
• Child of the Sun God
• Trial at Sea
• Viva Cordova
• See You Down There
• The Birthday
Acclaimed comic book artist, Paul McCaffrey’s, newest comic.
A brand-new book from television historian Andrew Pixley about the making of Joe 90 and its Supermarionation. Perfect for behind-the-scenes information.
High-quality packaging consisting of a rigid box and lid which will accommodate all four volumes and new materials once purchased.
Plus, an additional bonus disc which features a wealth of new material and archives that have never been seen before:
• Project 90: Featuring new, exclusive and never seen before archive interviews with a documentary style that shows the idea generation, production and reaction to Gerry and Sylvia Anderson’s penultimate Supermarionation series, Joe 90.
• The Science of Joe 90: Want to know more about how possible the Brain Impulse Galvanoscope Record and Transfer (BIG RAT) device could be? It could be more feasible than you think… Watch this discussion on whether Joe 90 could happen in the real world.
• WIN Briefing: WIN’s operational status and the latest progress of special agent missions need to be briefed to the world governments by Sam Loover. Narrated by talented voice actor, Keith Alexander.
• Lone-Handed 90 - Widescreen Version: This fan-favourite episode has been remastered into a 1.66:1 widescreen aspect ratio exclusively for this release. The superbly cinematic model landscapes amplify nostalgia, but no matter how many times you’ve seen this episode, you’ve never experienced it in this way before!
• Special Glasses Tag/Special Glasses Recording Session: For some ITV regions during Joe 90’s original run, a tag sequence was attached to the opening titles to act as a warning to young viewers.
• Textless Titles and Ad Break: Clean titles and the end-of-part sequences used for the series' original transmissions on ITV.
• Sugar Smacks Commercials: Three contemporary Joe 90 related adverts that were broadcast from 1968-1969.
• The Amazing Adventures of Joe 90 and Trailer: The rare and first commercially available Joe 90 home video! This was back when episodes were only ever available in video compilations.
• Image Galleries: Need even more Joe 90 content? We’ve got your back with hundreds of high-definition images, including rare behind-the-scenes footage and stills from the Doug Luke Archive.
Catalogue Number : 7958193
Number of Discs 1
Picture 1080p HD / 1.33:1
Sound Mono / English
Region A, B and C
Time 156 mins + extras
NOTE: Volumes 1, 2 and 3 of Joe 90 are NOT included in this box set but they are available in the store.
We pride ourselves in making your experience as a customer as F.A.B as possible, and always work hard to resolve problems so that you will be 100% satisfied.
*Please note that we cannot accept returns for bespoke/print on demand items unless there is a fault with the product itself.
If you have any problems, just email email@example.com and we'll do our best to get back to you within 24 working hours.
Free standard shipping on domestic orders over £50. For lower value orders shipping is tiered by weight from just £2.70. If your items are in stock and you order before 1pm on a working day, they will be packed and shipped on the same day. You can also choose next-day delivery at checkout, for just £5.99 if your order is over £35.
|Total Order Value|| Handling, packaging and shipping fee
|£50.00 or more||FREE|
|Under £50.00||From £2.70. See below for details|
|Domestic package weight||Handling, packaging and shipping fee|
|Additional tiers are available. We will always calculate the lowest possible shipping price for your order.|
We ship anywhere in the world. Free shipping is available on orders over £180 available to most territories.
Great videoset and very happy with the purchase.
I purchased this set along with the other three volumes and I am so glad I did. Not only was I blown away by the quality of the restoration work done on the episodes (I haven't watched Joe 90 in many many years!) but the contents in this deluxe box are just lovely and make me sorely regret having missed out on the Captain Scarlet set. Andrew Pixley, the man who is physically incapable of writing a thin book, has really put the work on the viewing notes for this show, with the same dedication he displays for other more 'grown-up' shows such as Callan. The comic is hugely entertaining with a few cheeky digs at TV21, and as a bonus it contains one of those legendary cutaway pictures from God himself, Graham Bleathman (some say he also does the odd People's Friend cover too)! Like many other people I was hoping the outer box would be printed up as Joe's briefcase, but the colour scheme and subtle design Network have gone with are very pleasing to the eye.